CAREERS – People & Culture (HR) Manager
People & Culture (HR) Manager
Salary: Up to 55K
Location: Office based (UK)
We’re looking for an experienced HR professional to join our award-winning agency in Hertfordshire. This will be an in-office role, with potential remote working options. Part or full-time hours considered (across a 5-day week).
You will provide Honcho and its people with an exceptional, best in class HR service which covers the full employment life cycle. You will be equally happy getting your hands dirty with the nitty gritty and enjoy being able to step out and think more holistically and strategically. You are the ambassador and champion of our values and Culture and the driver of our strategic people plan.
- Maintain and strengthen a company-wide people-first culture, ensuring our people feel valued. You will do this by fostering and championing a culture of inclusion, collaboration, community, growth mindset and high performance.
- Ensure that our people are able to strongly link the work they do with the value they create and our long-term goals and strategy.
- Be our Cultural Ambassador, ensuring company-wide buy-in to our purpose, vision and values.
- Working with the senior management and the leadership team, take an active role in developing our employer brand so that we attract the best talent and make our people proud to say they are part of the team.
- Working with the leadership team, you will take accountability in leading ‘Values Led Engagement’ initiatives which will be critical in ensuring our values and behaviour framework are translated through all that we do.
Talent attraction, development and retention
- Accountable for the end-to-end recruitment process you will work with the hiring individual/team to set a clear plan and process for each role to be hired. This will include support in the writing of job descriptions and person specifications as well as an individual hiring approach plan to ensure we are filling the right roles and utilising the best ways to attract top talent.
- Plan to resource effectively in line with our growth plans so that we are proactively ensuring that we have the right skills in the agency at the right time, this could be through external recruitment or internal succession planning.
- Interview management – set up and coordination with relevant department personnel and hiring managers
- You will support and help to lead our performance-driven culture by championing our performance management approach of continuous development. Ensuring that everyone is actively engaged in their 121s and are having quality and meaningful conversations that ultimately adds value and is seen as being beneficial by our team members.
Direction of line management activities and engagement
- Administration of employee-related paperwork, such as employment contracts, new starter packs
- Onboarding and induction of new candidates, probation review management (with line managers)
- Working with managers around associated processes/systems
- Encouraging and gathering feedback from employees
- HR issue management and liaison with external HR legal support (as required).
Team benefits and training management
- Overseeing training and development of employees.
- Management of rewards, awards, gifts, pensions, insurances and other soft benefits
- Creation and implementation of new team engagement initiatives – focus groups, socials, charity events, workshops and activities at certain times of the year.
- Team training & coaching (with external partners) management (and associated budget management)
- Team engagement/liaison
- Sourcing, implementation and management of all HR systems
- Administering financial elements such as payroll, compensation and benefits, and pension schemes.
Desired skills and experience
- Significant experience of a similar role
- Deep experience of creating and implementing people-related strategies
- Significant recruitment experience including interviewing for technical roles and developing innovative ways of sourcing and attracting candidates
- Have excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Be confident in using a range of systems, applications and digital platforms
- Have an exceptional eye for detail
- Be highly organised and effective at time-management
- Be a self-starter and excellent problem solver
- Be able to handle highly confidential information in an honest and trustworthy way
- Be a confident team player, working as part of a team in a co-operative and supportive way
- Have the ability to manage multiple projects in parallel and with competing deadlines
- Be able to work independently and manage own workflow and scheduling
Benefits of working at Honchō
- Personal development plan to help progress your career
- Allocated budget for training and conferences
- Non-contributory Group Life Assurance (4x salary)
- Critical illness cover
- Income protection
- Flexible working
- Generous paid holiday allowance
- Never work your birthday or Christmas Eve again
- 2 days paid leave to support a charity of your choice
- Regular team and social events
- Great offers and discounts through Bonusly
- Free Honcho Clothing and merchandise
- Work at our idyllic offices with on-site swimming pool and tennis court
Don't see the job you're looking for?
Be the first to know about any new positions.