I love Google. I’m not ashamed to admit it! There’s always something new coming from them and my job is greatly helped out by Chrome Extensions which are readily available in the Chrome Web Store. There is literally an extension for anything you want to do, but in the complex world of SEO, there are still untold amounts of extensions to help out. Below I’ve updated a list of 30 Chrome Extensions that can really help an SEO’er out!
Here’s a list of 30 must have Google Chrome Extensions for SEO.
- SEO Site Tools – On-Page / External metrics, Social Media info, PR / numbering on Yahoo, Bing, Google SERPs.Extends WMT, YSE and GA with metrics.
- SEO for Chrome – The Google Chrome SEO Extension. All the SEO Stats and Tools you need to make daily SEO easier. The MOST popular Chrome SEO Plugin!
- Firebug Lite – Firebug Lite is to be used with Firebug or Chrome Developer Tools. It does provide rich visual representation, allowing you to live edit CSS, inspect HTML elements and much more.
- MozBar – From leaders in the game, Moz have created a great looking extension that helps you so much. Create custom searches, highlight links and keywords, compare link metrics and so much more. Highly recommended.
- SEOQuake – Another giant in the Chrome Extensions library, SEOquake has a huge amount of tools available. Not only can you see cool things like keyword difficulty, you can run a complete SEO audit by page!
- Meta SEO Inspector – Simple and effective tool allowing you to see meta data of any page, as well as canonical details and info on header tags.
- uDomainFlag – This is effectivley a Flagfox equivalent for Chrome. From location of the webserver to IP address, hostname of the server and more. Thank goodness for a Flagfox alternative!
- Open SEO Stats – a simple and lightweight extension showing key stats by page. Always handy to check the “old faithful” metrics, including Page Rank, Alexa rank and more.
- SEO Serp – Check the ranking of numerous sites quickly with this simple rank checking extension. Simply type a keyword and get results!
- Majestic Backlink Analyzer – One of the most trusted and powerful backlink software available, this is an awesome extension for backlink analysis. Complimented by the Majestic metrics of TrustFlow and CitationFlow, this is one powerful extension.
- DNS.I4.org Resolver – Super simple to look-up DNS records of the page you are viewing, as well as aliases, mail-servers and name-servers plus so much more.
- Woorank – One click on any webpage and you are served up a mountain of metrics in a beautifully presented page audit. One cool little thing with the extension, if you are not an SEO guru, you can get help from a community of experts to resolve any SEO issues highlighted!
- IE Tab – Need to test out your new pages and want to know if compatible with IE? This is the extension for you. Simply display web pages using IE in a tab.
- Responsive Web Design Tester – Reflecting both the size and browser of a mobile, this handy little tool is great help when testing out mobile responsiveness.
- AMP Validator – Check any page to see if they pass AMP validation software, whilst highlighting any errors and listing all issues.
- JSON Viewer – Great little highlighter tool that is customisable! Includes Syntax highlighting, built-in themes, collapsible nodes and much more.
- Check My Links – Broken link building? No problem with this genius little extension. Either quickly check for broken links on your own pages or hunt for opportunities on your competitors sites.
- Domain Hunter Plus – So many possibilities in just one extension! Great for finding broken links, but much more. This tool will also let you know how many links are pointing to the broken URL and if the domain is available!
- Link Grabber – Super handy if audit ecommerce pages with 100’s of links per page as you can simply extract all links from a page.
- Proxy Switchy – Manage and switch between multiple proxies quickly and easily.
- Google Similar Pages – Discover webpages similar to the page you’re currently browsing – great for outreach.
- Nofollow – Lightweight extension that quickly highlights nofollow links, detects nofollow and noindex meta tags as well as many more features.
- Scraper – If you’re in SEO, then you will need to scrape a site or two. It’s simple and can rally speed up some jobs, but as it’s free, it is limited.
- Analytics Helper – Simple but always helpful, this Chrome Extension detects if the Google Analytics script is installed on page by displaying an icon in the omnibar.
- Shareaholic for Google Chrome – The easiest way to share interesting webpages using Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, Evernote, Email, Gmail, and more…
- User Agent Switcher – Right in the middle of developing your site? Need to test out different browsers and user agents? This is the extension for you!
- iPage Rank – This plugin gets PageRank & calculates how much PR is transferred to external links, so is great help when conducting outreach to help determine “effort-versus-reward”.
- Browsec – Whether you are looking to access content in another country or need to see check how your content displays across your international portfolio, this free VPN is simple to use.
- Ghostery – Simple little extension that tracks all scripts on a page and displays them in a clear pop-out, whilst allows you to analyse if there are any page load issues being caused by tracking software.
- Evernote Web Clipper – I love Evernote. It has literally organised my life! With all the reading I do, this simple Chrome Extension allows me to “clip” articles, PDFs or even YouTube videos!
About David Cable
— David Cable is Client Services Manager at iThinkMedia. Learn more about David Cable
on LinkedIn or follow him on twitter @TheDavecable